Bookkeeping & IRA Investing Workshop with John Hyre on March 19, 2016Posted on February 29, 2016 by
March 19th from 9AM to 5PM
At Keller Williams Decatur
A Full Day Workshop Presented By Attorney, Accountant & Investor John Hyre
Lots of Q&A, Off The Clock
Be sure to join us on Saturday, March 19th, 2016 at Keller Williams Metro Atlanta located at 315 W. Ponce De Leon Ave, Suite 100 in Decatur, GA with for a Full Day Workshop with Tax Attorney, Accountant and Real Estate Investor, John Hyre. At the Workshop, John will spend 7 full hours teaching you how to ethically and legally hammer the IRS and protect your assets.
More specifically you will get…
3 1/2 Hours of Real Estate Bookkeeping Basics in QuickBooks
We’ll put QuickBooks up on the screen LIVE and set up a real estate company, step-by-step:
- Funding the company
- Getting Property Purchases & Sales on the Books
- Producing an Income Statement for Each Property
- Producing a Balance Sheet for Each Property
- How to record everyday transactions – writing checks, making deposits, etc.
If you are not keeping excellent books, you:
- Are subject to AUTOMATIC IRS penalties
- Are overpaying your return preparer
- Cannot plan to minimize your taxes
- Can forget about your entities providing asset protection
- Don’t know your business!
3 1/2 Hours of IRA/401(k) Questions & Answers
Learn the basics of what you can and cannot do with an IRA/401(k), both with your own and when using money from others’ accounts. Learn high-yield techniques to balloon income, tax-free of course. How to avoid disqualification of IRA (Prohibited Transaction Rules) and avoid paying tax in IRA (UBIT or Unrelated Business Income Tax). How to use LLC’s in IRA, including deciding whether or not LLC makes sense for you. Examples of investments in IRA, including how to super-charge rentals, how many flips can be run and other RE-related techniques. Plain English format, open for Q&A throughout.
Prohibited Transaction Rules
- How Aggressive Should One Be with IRA Tax Rules?
- Impact of Prohibited Transaction on your IRA
- Related Parties
- Related Parties Most Everyone Knows About, Review
- Traps to Avoid: More Subtle Related Party Rules Designed to Disqualify Your IRA
- Sole Benefit/Indirect Benefit Rule
- Much More Subtle & Dangerous Than Related Party Issues, Rarely Discussed
- For example, why renting IRA-owned condo to your boss at full rental rates with no discounts ruins your IRA
- Issues With Overly Clever Transactions
- Participating Loans
When IRA’s Are Taxable: UBIT (Unrelated Business Income Tax)
- Use of Debt in an IRA
- When it’s taxable, when it is not
- Taxable Trade or Business in an IRA
- Buy/Sell/Flip Transactions as a Trade or Business
- Rentals as a Trade/Business
- When Does Eating the Tax Make Sense?
- Asset Protection – does your IRA Need It?
- Partnering – Advantages & Disadvantages of LLC When Partnering
- “Checkbook” Privileges – Do You Need to Write the Check NOW?
Get all this and a FREE Lunch at Taco Mac for a mere $69 per person for Gold Members, $99 for Silver Members & $129 for Non-Members and Guests. Workshop prices will increase to $99 per person for Gold Members, $129/person for Silver Members and $159/person for Non-Members and guests after early registration expires, so register now and save!
PLEASE NOTE: Workshop date, time and location are subject to change. Workshop prices will increase to $99/person for Gold Members, $129/person for Silver Members and $129/person for Non-Members after early registration expires.