Archive for August, 2014
September 13th, 2014 from 9AM to 4PM
Doubletree Hotel – Roswell, GA
Join Duncan Wierman on Saturday, September 13th from 9AM to 4PM at the DoubleTree Roswell located at 1075 Holcomb Bridge Rd in Roswell, GA for a live 6-hour Internet Marketing Workshop and Strategy Session entitled “How to Beat the Competition, Increase ROI & Do More Deals” to find out how you can easily leverage the power of the Internet to grow your business quicker and more profitably than you ever thought possible.
Duncan is a Master of Strategic Marketing using Social and Mobile Media for Market Domination. Duncan helps real estate investors grow their businesses by developing online lead generation strategies that will make massive differences to sales revenues in their specific market.
During this 6-Hour Workshop and Strategy Session, he will teach you:
- The 3 key factors that guarantee your web site will be an effective part of your sales process, not just a worthless e-brochure.
- How to build an effective client nurturing process that builds your brand credibility and gives you an unfair advantage over your competitors.
- How to determine if social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter are an effective channel to market your business, and the 3 key strategies you’ll need to be successful.
- Overlooked ways to advertise your business online so that you reach more prospects every day than any of your competitors, usually while spending much less.
WARNING! This Saturday training is currently limited to 50 participants to make sure Duncan is able fulfill his promise to deliver 3 growth strategies to everyone in the room. Therefore we are limiting the class size to ensure personal attention. Attendees will also receive his workbook on “How to Beat the Competition, Increase ROI & Boost Sales” for attending (only one copy per couple please).
If you wish to attend, Reserve Your Seat(s) Now! Gold Members can attend for $24.95, Silver Members for $39.95 and Guests for $69.95. Atlanta REIA Members can bring a spouse, adult child or parent at no extra charge! Non-Members who join Atlanta REIA from September 1st – 8th, 2014 can attend this full day seminar for FREE and bring a qualified guest. Atlanta REIA Members who renew their membership for an additional year between Sept 1st – 8th, 2014 can attend for FREE as well. When joining or renewing your membership, please be sure to let us know you want to attend this event at no charge.
Join us at the workshop and Duncan will also teach you:
- Website Design and Must Have Design Elements
- Building a Consistent Brand Across the Internet
- Identifying What Your Customer Really Wants (WIIFM)
- Creating a Custom Avatar. What is an Avatar Anyway?
- Mapping Our Your Customer Website Navigation & Buying Process
- Designing a Powerful Home Page to Make Traffic Stick & Click
- Creating Website Landing Pages to Convert Traffic to Leads
- Doing a Competitive Analysis So You Can Learn to Beat Your Competition
- Keyword Research for Maximum Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Performing On-Page & Off-Page Optimization
- Conducting a Search Engine Optimization Campaign
- Writing & Promoting Search Engine Optimized Content
- Using Pay-Per-Click Advertising Without Wasting Money
- Creating & Promoting Viral Video Content
- Promoting Your Business with Social Media Marketing
- Creating & Promoting Your Blog
- Setting Up Your Site Tracking & Conversion Testing
- And Much More!
with Catherine McFarland
Are you tired of investing your precious time and money only to lose a deal? Is it time to learn to become a stronger “closer”? Would you rather work your fingers to the bone, saving and hoping for “some day”, or be able to communicate effectively and use win-win techniques to get what you want NOW?
Like it or not, you are already a negotiator. Negotiation is a fact of life. You discuss a raise with your boss, you try to agree with a stranger on a price for his house, two lawyers trying to settle a lawsuit, and so on. Standard strategies for dealing with negotiations often leave people worn out, dissatisfied, or even alienated.
If you would like to have the confidence in creating and winning at negotiations, then be sure to join us at Atlanta REIA West on Monday, August 25th at 6:30PM at Cherokee Cattle Company located at 2710 Canton Rd in Marietta, where Catherine McFarland, will be presenting to you techniques you can use immediately to create win-win negotiations that all parties involved can feel great about!
You will learn:
- How To Have Confidence Creating Win-Win Negotiations
- How To Get What You Want By Giving
- How To Listen, Observe, and Speak Better
- How To Use The “Law Of Attraction” To Get What You Want
- And Much, Much More…
Catherine has a lifetime experience in creating win-win negotiations. She is an avid real estate investor with a way above average closing rate. She can teach you how to have the confidence and create negotiations you can feel good about. The other person doesn’t have to lose in order for you to win. If you are looking to improve yourself and others with negotiations, then DO NOT MISS THIS EVENT!
Atlanta REIA members this meeting is FREE. Non-Members $10 per person.
*Please Note: Meeting agenda is subject to change.
The Atlanta REIA West Monthly Meeting is an Atlanta REIA Sub-chapter led by Leslie Mathis that is held on the 4th Monday of each month at 6:30 PM at the Cherokee Cattle Company restaurant located at 2710 Canton Road in Marietta, GA. Show up at 6:30 PM to eat and network before the meeting officially starts at 7:00 PM. Buying your own meal is optional but highly recommended and greatly appreciated since the Cherokee Cattle Company allows us to use their meeting room. There will be lots of learning and lots of networking. Bring your deals and your haves, wants and needs to the event.
Meets Tuesday, August 19th at NOON
2010 Delphine Drive, Decatur, GA 30032
This month, on Tuesday, August 19th at NOON, the Onsite group will meet at 2010 Delphine Drive, Decatur, GA 30032 which a property that Craftbuilt has just purchased and is preparing to start work. We will see the house before any work has been done to it and hear about the plans to bring it back to life. It has been vacant for many years and is in need of a total renovation. The East Lake Terrace community is in unincorporated Dekalb County on the outskirts of Kirkwood, Oakhurst and Avondale Estates. While these nearby areas have thrived in the past years, East Lake Terrace is just starting to be an area of revival. It is still a mixture of vacant properties, new construction, longtime residents and renovated houses. Join us and hear what exit strategies will work in the neighborhood and what level of renovation will make sense as related to the after repaired value.
The Onsite Renovation Group, led by Aaron McGinnis of Craftbuilt Properties, is an educational and networking group that focuses on the acquisition, renovation and retail resale (fix and flip) of single family residential homes inside the I-285 perimeter and the in-town neighborhoods. The purpose of this group is to allow both new and experienced rehabbers and investors to meet, network and share knowledge and experience with “hands on” access to real property. The Onsite Renovation Group meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at NOON at an active renovation site, build site or rental property which will vary from month to month. There is currently no charge to attend these meeting.
Learn the The Safest Way to Sell with Owner Financing and be Dodd-Frank Compliant at Atlanta REIA North MeetingPosted on August 18, 2014 by
The Safest Way to Sell with Owner Financing – How to be Dodd-Frank Compliant with Rick Girgis
We are pleased to announce that Rick Girgis, a licensed Mortgage Loan Originator and funding manager, will be the presenter at the Atlanta REIA North Meeting on Wednesday, August 20th 6:30PM at 1960 Skylar Hill Dr, Suite D, Buford, Georgia in North Gwinnett County just a few miles from the Mall of Georgia. There is no charge to attend this meeting for Atlanta REIA members and the cost is $5.00 at the door for non-members. Rick is going to address real estate investor’s concerns about staying in compliance with the Dodd-Frank Act when it comes to providing their owner-occupant buyers with owner financed loans.
Rick says… “I have been a Principle licensed Mortgage professional since 1997 and currently hold the title of Funding Manager for Good Friend Mortgage, Inc. As funding manager I prepare our closing documents, in compliance with all rules, laws, state specific regulations and produce a report illustrating compliance by an impartial 3rd party system and verified by myself a licensed seasoned professional. I am the principal consultant to the board of directors and liaison to FHA, HUD, Georgia and Florida banking regulatory departments.”
“With owner financing investors have several risks since they are essentially acting as the bank in the transaction. These risks include: (1) the risk of default and borrower bankruptcy resulting in a squatter situation, (2) reclaiming a damaged property, and (3) legal liability and civil tort cases from not using a licensed MLO during the application process or complying with current regulations. Investors operating under licensing exemptions (almost all investors who offer owner financing) are being held to the same standards as licensed lending institutions and must calculate and meet numerous requirements, most importantly ‘ability to repay’.”
“We use cutting edge software such as “Doc Magic and Ecompass”- an Ellie Mae operating and compliance system, from which we produce an impartial third party report illustrating that the lender or ‘individual’ operating under the exemption has done their due diligence and complied with licensing requirements during the application process.”
At the meeting, Rick will share:
- A brief summary of the industry changes, and a recap of where we are now.
- Risk #1– Default – how to protect yourself
- Risk #2 – Property Damages – and how to protect yourself
- Risk #3 – Legal Liability – and how to protect yourself
- The consulting process
- The application process
- The closing process
- Current legal regulations and Dodd/Frank Compliance – question and answers with legal council who will be present.
- And much more!
Rick concludes “Utilizing our consulting, application processing, and closing documents preparation system is inexpensive and convenient way to offset the risk of owner financing in this overly regulated and litigious arena.”
To learn more, come out and join us on Wednesday, August 20th you will hear the unabridged, safest way to sell a property with owner financing.
Late Nite Networking: After the conclusion of the Atlanta REIA North Meeting (after 9:30 PM), we will be reconvening at the Mall of Georgia located at 3250 Woodward Crossing Blvd in Buford, GA for the “Meeting after the Meeting”. We may arrive late if the Atlanta REIA Meeting runs late. So please come eat, drink, network and have fun with us as hang out late into the night!
with Don DeRosa
Whether you’re a novice or an experienced user of hand held devices such as smart phones and tablets, chances are your device will do a lot more than you know. If you would like to learn to leverage the power of your handheld technology, Don DeRosa has some tips and tricks that he would like to share with you that will make your real estate investing business a lot more easier and lot more profitable.
Using an iPad or smartphone effectively isn’t always intuitive as we would like it to be. They often require training, patience, and practice. But mastering these digital devices requires willingness – the willingness to ask lots of questions even if you think they’re really dumb. The fact is, changes in technology have given us productivity potential that was unimaginable 20 years ago. And like it or not, smart devices are here to stay and are likely to only increase in their complexity. And whether you keep up with this technology or fall behind, your competitors are embracing these devices and are raising the bar for you as well.
If you want to gain the cutting edge you need to succeed, RSVP for BIG, bring your smart phone and/or tablet and join us at the Hudson Grille on Monday, Aug 18th at 6:00PM at Hudson Grille located at 6317 Roswell Rd in Sandy Springs and let national speaker, mentor and active real estate investor Don DeRosa show you how to better leverage your smart devices.
At the meeting, you will learn:
- Don’s favorite apps to research properties and put them under contract
- How to automate your investing as much as possible
- Evaluate properties with a few taps
- And Much, Much More!
Don says, “What a difference my iPad and iPhone have made on my personal life and my real estate investing business. They have allowed me to load my entire life into one small device. My iPad can communicate with my staff, manage my expenses, and give me directions to the next house. It can find neighborhood comps, and take high-quality pictures and video. It can “park” pictures or contracts or handwritten notes in the cloud, so my staff and I can both get to them easily. It can keep my calendar and tell me when I need to be at my son’s hockey game. And most importantly, it can save me enough time to be at that game.”
Whether you are just starting out or you’re a seasoned pro, if you want to take your investing to the next level, RSVP NOW and DO NOT MISS this event!
*Please Note: Meeting agenda is subject to change.
If you become an Atlanta REIA member before August 18th, you may attend this meeting and other Atlanta REIA Meetings at no charge, plus receive great discounts on other Atlanta REIA meetings and Workshops.
BIG is an educational and networking special interest group for new investors who are just getting started in real estate investing as well as “new again” real estate investors who’ve taken a few years off and are looking to start investing again. The entire purpose of this group is to educate and inspire new investors working on their “first deal” and to help new again investors get their “next deal”.
Please join us on the 3rd Monday of each month at Hudson Grille located at 6317 Roswell Rd in Sandy Springs.
Saturday, August 23rd from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM at the Doubletree Hotel Roswell
Bring Your iPad, Tablet or Smart Phone
On Saturday, August 23rd from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Registration starts at 8:30 AM) at the DoubleTree Roswell located at 1075 Holcomb Bridge Rd in Roswell, GA, Don DeRosa will be conducting a special full day workshop with Atlanta REIA on “How To Do The New Subject To”. This class is all about how to buy and own real estate and make lots of money with little or no money down.
Learn how to buy houses…
- Without using your own credit
- Without having to sign personally on a note
- Without having to qualify for a mortgage
- Without having much money
Beginner or experienced real estate investors can find immediate success using Don’s simple formula. There are six easy steps to follow when buying “Subject To.”
- Locating Sellers
- Prescreening Sellers
- Constructing Offers
- Presenting Offers
- Finding the Money
- Selling Houses
Once you learn to follow these steps you can do this over and over again for an average profit of over $20,000 per property.
There are many ways to make money in real estate and there will be something for everyone at the event. Don will be teaching you his trade secrets, including little-known buying techniques that have made him a very successful investor.
PLEASE NOTE: If you want to gain the cutting edge you need to succeed and bypass your competition, register now for the workshop and bring your iPad, tablet or smart phone and join us at the event!
This event will show you from start to finish how to buy “subject to” properties… from raising capital, to finding leads, to meeting with the seller and closing the deal.
This workshop is jam packed with very important topics that Don will cover such as:
- How to focus on what matters most in the beginning
- Creating a business plan that fits your budget
- Setting meaningful goals and prioritize your time and how to track your progress
- Learn the five ways to profit in real estate
- How to buy houses with little or no money up front
- Finding the easiest ways to attract motivated sellers
- Top five advertising techniques that work every time
- How to evaluate any lead and decide whether this is a winner for you.
- Twenty questions you should always ask a potential seller
- Know how much money you’ll make before you make an offer
- How to structure a deal in less than 10 minutes, so that you make a minimum of $20,000, choosing from multiple strategies!
- How to use Don’s Green means ‘GO’, Red means ‘NO’ tools to negotiate for you, so you never let your emotions talk you into making a bad deal
- Determine comps and rents from anywhere!
- How to meet with the seller and make them feel comfortable with your offer, and how to avoid getting shut out of a deal
- How to become a “mindreader,” to find exactly what the seller’s hot buttons are so you
can craft a deal the seller is dying to take
- How to prepare paperwork as if you were an attorney
- How to walk away with a signed offer the same day and put it in your lawyers hands while you’re with the seller.
- Learn the top five negotiating tactics to get sellers to say “yes”!
- Find all the private money you need without putting loans in your name
- Convince private investors to lend you the money you need to do your deals
- How to combine buying strategies and exit strategies – that work right now, in 2014 – to effortlessly make a deal work you
- Exit strategies that will not only make you lots of money today, but make you wealthy long term
- The Secret to creating passive income deals of $350 + per month without any of your own money and with NO management on your part.
- And much, much more including your questions!
with Eric Eric Schurke on August 11th
at Hudson Grille, Sandy Springs, GA
Eric Schurke, of Voice Nation, will be our special guest speaker at the All Inclusive Marketing (AIM) Group on Monday, August 11th at 7:00 PM at the Hudson Grille located at 6317 Roswell Rd in Sandy Springs. Eric will be talking about how successful real estate investors leverage automated voice mail systems and live answering specialists to capture leads 24/7 effortlessly so they can work smarter and not harder to earn more money. Eric will discuss:
- Various ways to automate your business with voice mail systems and live operators
- Why you should offer your potential customers a 24 hour recorded message
- When to use Google Voice vs a more robust voice mail system
- What to do when a voice mail system is not enough
- How to supplement your voice mail system with a live answering service
- How to get your calls professionally answered 24/7 for as little as $30 a month
- Q & A with Dustin & Eric
- All this and much more…
BONUSES FOR ATTENDING: Rock has some special bonuses for all those who show up early or on time: (1) a digital copy of his book, “Extraordinary Results by Ordinary Investors”, (2) a digital copy of his book, “Go Mobile Now Or Die!” and (3) a 30 point marketing audit of your business ($250 value).
After the conclusion of our All Inclusive Marketing Meeting, we will be hanging out a the Hudson Grill for “Late Nite Networking” to socialize and build stronger bond. So come and join us for the AIM Meeting and be prepared to stay late and network and have fun with like minded real estate investors, marketers and other professionals late into the evening!
The Atlanta REIA All Inclusive Marketing (AIM) Group (formerly known as the “I Love Marketing” group) is a new networking and educational meeting led by Rock Shukoor and Dustin Griffin for like-minded real estate investors and small business owners who enjoy marketing and are interested in taking their business to the next level through creative marketing techniques.
AIM is for people who want to want to get together, learn and discuss marketing challenges, strategies and opportunities. Although many of the examples we cover at the meetings will be geared towards real estate investors, the techniques and strategies learned can easily be applied to any business. AIM meets on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00 PM at the Hudson Grille located at 6317 Roswell Rd in Sandy Springs.
*Please Note: AIM Meeting agenda is subject to change.
Joe Thompson, leader of the Haves & Wants Speed Marketing Session at the Atlanta REIA Main Meeting and the Haves & Wants Thursday Meetings, put these flyers together from last night’s Atlanta REIA meeting. They are from our members and vendors.Thanks Joe!